Pregnancy Resource Center Tracking and Targeting Policy
If you visit the Pregnancy Resource Center (PRC) website to browse, read, or download information your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful. We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes. We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
One of the reasons we collect usage data is to display targeted advertisements or content on our network and also on third party websites. If this data infers a particular interest, a cookie is placed in your web browser which may determine the type of targeted advertising or content that you receive. We target advertisements and content in order to improve your user experience - so that you are served advertisements and content that we believe may be more relevant or useful to you.
Advertisements or content may also be "targeted" to users based on:
- the type of content displayed on a given web page;
- the geographical location of a user (ie. identified by an IP address); or
- specific searches undertaken by a user.
Other reasons we may collect anonymous usage data include:
- to limit the number of times users are served certain ads;
- to monitor the performance of advertising campaigns;
- to audit, research, and analyze usage in order to maintain and improve our services, and to develop new services; and
- to ensure that our ad-serving technologies function properly.
We will not collect usage data or target advertisements based on the following market segments:
- racial or ethnic origin; or
- political opinions; or
- membership of a political association; or
- religious beliefs or affiliations; or
- philosophical beliefs; or
- membership of a professional or trade association; or
- membership of a trade union; or
- sexual preferences or practices; or
- criminal record; or
- health information; or
- genetic information that is not otherwise health information.
If we ever seek to target advertisements based on the above market segments, we will first obtain your express consent.
Google Adwords and Remarketing
For websites using remarketing, a third-party DoubleClick cookie is used to enable remarketing for products like AdWords on the Google Display Network. When you visit our website, a few lines of code will drop an anonymous browser cookie. This cookie is a small file that stores information. The cookie will store the site visit, but does not store any sensitive information, such as visitor name, address or any other piece of information that might personally identify the visitor. The cookie will be enabled for a set period of time, such as 30 or 60 days, at which time, the cookie expires.
The PRC uses remarketing with Google Adwords and analytics to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented. The Google Display Network is a group of more than a million websites, videos, and apps where ads can appear. Sites in this network have partnered with Google to show relevant AdWords ads.
Our website will never:
- run remarketing ads that collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- create a remarketing list or ad text that specifically targets users in ways that are outlined as “prohibited” by Google
Opt – Out. Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preference Manager at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en.